Rules of the 11th International Artistic Linen Cloth Biennial 2022
'Z krosna do Krosna' 11th International Artistic Linen Cloth Biennial 2022
Download the rules
The Director of the Museum of Crafts in Krosno, Marta Rymar, D.E. is honoured to invite you to participate in 'Z krosna do Krosna' 11th International Artistic Linen Cloth Biennial, Krosno 2022
The Programme objectives:
To develop the formula of 'Z krosna do Krosna' International Artistic Linen Cloth Biennial by expanding the range of creative media with other, apart from linen, textile materials of natural origin (plant or animal).
To refer to the weaving tradition, including the history of linen weaving in Krosno and the Carpathian region.
To exhibit works of modern art based on natural fibres in Poland and in the world.
To organise accompanying events: symposiums of artists, scientific conferences, exhibitions.
To develop a unique collection of fibre art belonging to the Museum of Crafts in Krosno.
To promote fibre art in Poland and in the world.
7) The premiere post-competition exhibition will be presented in Krosno. Then, it will be shown as a travelling exhibition in Poland and abroad, especially in the countries of the Carpathian Euroregion (Poland, Slovakia, Ukraine, Hungary, Romania) due to the community of historical traditions in weaving and the sense of common identity in the area of the broadly understood heritage of the Carpathian Euroregion countries. However, this fact does not exclude the display of the cultural diversity and weaving traditions of other countries in the world resulting from the use of natural fibres. The substantive assumptions of the exhibition are based on the experiences of the Biennial of Small Woven Forms by prof. Ewa Maria Poradowska-Werszler, who is the artistic consultant of the Biennial. Moreover, they are a continuation of the experience of ten editions of 'Z krosna do Krosna' International Artistic Linen Cloth Biennial organized by the Museum of Crafts in Krosno in the years 2000-2010.
The Organiser's address:
8) The Biennial is international and is addressed to professional artists.
Rules of participation:
1) 'Z krosna do Krosna' 11th International Artistic Linen Cloth Biennial 2022 is hereinafter called 'the Biennial', the Museum of Crafts in Krosno is hereinafter called 'the Organiser' and the artists who take part in the Biennial hereinafter called 'the Participants'.
2) The languages used for the Biennial purposes are Polish and English.
3) The Participant can send two artworks for the Biennial (do not apply to diptychs, triptychs and cycles, which are treated as one artwork).
4) The artworks must contain at least 75% of natural textile materials with an obligatory component of the linen medium; the minimum dimensions of an artwork are 25x25x25 cm and the maximum dimensions are 60x60x60 cm; the maximum weight of each artwork is
3 kg; the choice of technique is free, at the artist's discretion.
5) The artworks should be the property of their authors. The artworks have to be made by the Participants and be prepared for exposition. Each artwork should be signed and described on the verso.
6) Artists intending to take part in the Biennial are required to submit the following application documents by May 13, 2022:
A) AN APPLICATION FORM filled and signed, with the statement accepting these rules,
B) Good quality 13x18 cm COLOUR PHOTOGRAPHS of the artworks submitted. The minimum resolution of digital photographs recommended by the Organiser is 300 dpi,
C) CD CARRIER WITH DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHS of submitted artworks, files in JPG format, resolution 300 dpi.
Sending photographs by e-mail is acceptable but the Participants need to keep the required resolution of files and a large file format.
7) The Organiser introduces entrance fee for participation in the Biennial: PLN 50 for the residents of Poland, EURO 30 for non-residents. The Organiser recommends bank transfers. Checks will not be accepted. The Participant will pay for participation only after receiving a positive qualification for the Biennial - see point 10 of these regulations. Confirmations of payments from Participants will be monitored by the Chief Accountant of the Museum of Crafts in Krosno. There is no need to send them together with application documents.
8) The application forms to be accepted need to be filled in legibly, in detail and completely. The names of schools, art-studios, art workshops, exhibitions and contests should be written in the original language. The Organiser points out that the value of the artworks must be declared in EURO or in PLN.
9) Failure to deliver photos of the artworks within the set time limit will result in failure to include them in the exhibition catalogue.
10) The initial classification of all entries submitted for the Biennial will be confirmed by June 15, 2022 via e-mail, mail or phone. The Jury will qualify the artworks on the basis of the submitted application documents and photos of the works. The qualification will be the initial stage of the Jurors' assessment.
11) The deadline of acceptance of the artworks at the Organiser's seat is July 15, 2022. The date of the postmark will not be taken into account.
12) By signing the application form, the Participant grants a free of charge non-exclusive license (unlimited in time and territory) to use the works of art and the received photographs of works by the Museum of Crafts in Krosno in the following fields of exploitation: a) saving and multiplication of the artwork by any technique; b) circulation of the original or its copies on the objects on which the artwork is printed, placing the objects on the market; c) lending, renting, leasing of the artwork; d) public sharing, viewing and displaying of the artwork; e) entering into computer memory and storing in computer memory; f) public sharing of the artwork in such a way that everyone can have access to it any time and place by personal choice including the Internet, for organization and promotion purposes of the Biennial and the Organiser.
13) Each Biennial Participant who donates his/her work to the Museum of Crafts in Krosno will sign a Contract of Donation along with the Copyrights Transfer to the Museum of Crafts in Krosno in the following fields of use: a) saving and multiplication of the artwork by any technique; b) circulation of the original or its copies on the objects on which the artwork is printed, placing the objects on the market; c) lending, renting, leasing of the artwork; d) public sharing, viewing and displaying of the artwork; e) entering into computer memory and storing in computer memory; f) public sharing of the artwork in such a way that everyone can have access to it any time and place by personal choice including the Internet.
14) The Contract of Donation with Copyrights Transfer mentioned above will be signed no sooner than in the year of following edition of Biennial, after the travelling exhibitions of the current edition are finished. At that time the works will be included in the resources of the Museum of Crafts in Krosno and all the Donors will receive acknowledgements with exhibitions timetable.
15) The cost of sending the artworks to the Biennial is incurred by the Participants whereas the cost of sending them back is covered by the Organiser. The exhibition will be presented for 1 year, therefore the Organiser will send the artworks back at the beginning of the year in which the subsequent edition of the Biennial is to be mounted (2024). In specific circumstances, the artwork may be sent back earlier upon the Participant's request. If the package is not collected, the cost of repeated shipment will be covered by the Participant.
16) During the whole period of the Biennial duration (two years) the Participant is obliged to inform the Organiser about the change of the shipping address.
17) The Organiser declares the possibility of a free loan of artworks at the request of the Participant due to his participation in other exhibitions.
18) The Organiser does not take any responsibility for the damage caused to the artworks during shipment.
19) The exhibition will be a presentation of the artworks of the Participants taking part in the Biennial. The premiere of the exhibition will take place on August 20, 2022 at the BWA Gallery in Krosno. Then successive expositions are planned until the beginning of 2024 in line with the Biennial objectives. The Participants will be notified about the time of the opening ceremony in Krosno in a separate invitation.
20) Before the premiere of the exhibition, a Jury session will take place. The works that have received a positive initial qualification will be assessed - see point 10. of these regulations. To honour artists for the best works, the Jury shall award the following: the Grand Prix and the 1st, 2nd, 3rd Prizes, Distinction Awards (the number of distinctions is determined by the Jury) and Prof. Irena Huml Award honouring artists who pay special attention to the use of innovative solutions in their works with an emphasis on a natural textile medium. Moreover, the Jury has the right to award one of the participants of each edition of the Biennial with a special award for lifetime achievement called The 'Special Award for Lifetime Achievement'. A Participant can receive the award only once. The Jury reserves the right to award the prizes differently and adopt other forms of awarding works and Participants. The main prizes are monetary, while the Distinction Awards, Prof. Irena Huml Award and the 'Special Award for Lifetime Achievement' are honorary. The artworks which do not comply with Section 4 requirements of these rules will be excluded from the competition by the Jury, but they will be shown during exhibitions. The verdict of the Jury will be announced during the exhibition opening ceremony on August 22, 2022. Winners will be notified by phone or e-mail immediately after the Jury session. For reasons beyond the control of the Organiser, the Jury session will take place three days before the exhibition opening ceremony.
21) Each Participant will receive a free catalogue. The catalogues not collected during the exhibition opening ceremony will be sent via post. After the last planned exhibition each Participant will receive an exhibition timetable.
22) A Donation Contract for the Museum of Crafts will be concluded with the Participant who has donated his work/ works.
23) The processing of personal data will take place on the principles provided for in the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) and the Polish Acts of 10 May 2018 on the protection of personal data, serving the application of the abovementioned EU regulation (Journal of Laws 2018 item 1000).
24) The return of a signed application form will be considered by the Organiser as the acceptance of these rules and commitment to observe thereof.
The Museum of Crafts in Krosno
ul. Józefa Piłsudskiego 19
tel. +48 13 432 41 88
IBAN bank account NO:
PL30 1240 2311 1111 0010 6149 8467
BIC CODE: PKPPLPW
Bank: Pekao S.A
GDPR Data Protection Officer:
The Organiser's webpage: